Green

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Accepting the Unexpected


God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

Justin and T waiting for appointment.....they love sitting next each other!


My sweet flowers to cheer me up from my sis Lauren and her boyfriend Chris!


Me and Jenni...only waited an hour this time :)


Sweet Tatum not cooperating ( yes she has a nose see pictures on past blog)


Sweet Westin!! Look at his perfect nose :)



So we went to the High risk Dr. H. on Wednesday and the appointment was not really what we expected.
We found out that Westin has a birth defect known as a cleft lip. I almost fainted in the room when she said that. I got light headed, dizzy and my heart started racing.....after a couple of tears and just sad because this is my precious little boy and I can't help or hold him right now!
So he will be born with a cleft lip and we will meet with some pediatric plastic surgeons at TCH and he will have surgery between 3-6 months of being born. It may take one surgery or two but we wont know more until he is actually born. The bad news is, that he will have to have surgery. The good news is that he does not have a cleft palate, they are both healthy and growing like crazy. For that I am thankful and feel so blessed!

On the other hand we got a great picture of him! Which was so exciting because we hadn't really gotten any pictures on 4D of him! Tatum was not as cooperative she did not feel like having her picture taken on Wednesday!!

Here are the stats!!
Westin:
141 bpm
1lb. 7oz
His legs measured 26weeks and 5 days!!! Holy Cow he has long legs!

Tatum:
152 bpm
1lb. 5 oz
Her legs were measuring 25 weeks and 3 days! Yay! She will have long legs too!

All vital organs are there and they are healthy! I delivered Luke at 23weeks and 6 days which is this Tuesday! I will be glad to make it to 24 weeks!

Please pray for my sweet babies and that they continue to grow and develop! Pray for Jenni as she carries our sweet miracles and please pray for me just for my continued faith in knowing that this is Gods plan and he has chosen us to live this "story" and for that we are thankful!!

Thanks, Kristin


4 comments:

  1. That's great news for the most part Kristin...just hold fast to the fact that all of this is part of God's plan! You are an amazing woman and I love the way your nursery has turned out! Blessings to you...

    www.cookielouisepleaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you Kristin!! And for the continued development of these sweet babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. My best friend also carried boy/girl twins for us. Enjoy this journey with eachother! It goes by so fast!!
    surrogateformybestfriend.blogspot.com
    Best wishes~ Denise

    ReplyDelete